11.16.2006

Karma?

I'm not sure what I did to make the Car CD Player Karma Gods mad. My new CD player that I just got last spring to replace the one that was literally RIPPED (including dashboard) out of my car--was stolen Tuesday. This will make for FOUR replaced cd players in the Jeep I've had for 5 years. COME ON! Seriously. AND. I still have the face plate.

The first time someone 'broke' into my Jeep... they slashed the window, so that was $300 to replace the 'window'... which ends up being a new 1/2 door because you can't just get a new piece of plastic.

The second time someone took the stereo... I was in Vancouver with some friends, and had taken the face plate off, but left it in the side pocket... guess what! They only took the face. So, I still had the player... but no face to play it with.

I'm not sure what the proper punishment would be for stereo thieves. Firing squad? Cut off their ears? String them up by their toes? OOH! How about tricking them into thinking they've won the lottery and let them think it for a week.... then tell them there was a computer error, and their ticket didn't actually win!

So, thank you, car stereo thief. I will now be commuting in silence since it's illegal to listen to earphones while you are driving. Though I've never understood that law since my car stereo was louder than my headphones could ever want to be.

I'm starting a fund to replace the stereo. It won't be expensive. They never are. I think $150 would cover it including installation fees. Any ideas...?
Maybe I'll get a TAPE player.

oh. and guess what was in the cd player. My Blue Scholars CD. Great. Thanks ALOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment