12.19.2006

OK

So, its been a month -- or should I say what a month it's been! Seriously. A snowstorm, with snow that actually stuck. A windstorm that scared the crap out of me and still has people without power. I went to a Seahawks game, Teatro Zinzanni, and spent money I don't really have to get a CD player put into my car. This time I also got an alarm. Which works really well, by the way. I found that out this morning when I opened the door without disarming it. Oops.

I'm starting to get a little anxious for my trip. I've booked the hostel in San Jose for the 11th, and have already started correspondence with people from the class, most of whom are also extending their journeys past the time we are there.

Part of getting ready for this trip was getting my vaccines. The Yellow Fever one is beginning to become an irritation. Apparently they try and charge you just so someone can 'counsel' you about your trip.. uhm. Excuse me, I don't need any counseling. I've talked to my doc already and all i need you to do is give me a shot. They want to charge me $50 for the 'consult' then $83 for the vaccine, then $25 for a cert. WHATEVER. I'll get it in CR.

Ok. Enough of that.

I'm just trying to get my head on straight before I take off. I'm not much of a planner, so a lot of what I'll be doing will be just exploring and hiking and hopefully staying un burnt, but as tan as I can get.

Ok. Lame post, but i figured I should throw something up here to make everyone aware I'm still alive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment