4.13.2007

Friday the 13th

Very soon people will be checking in daily to see what I have to say, so I need to keep my posts up to a daily if not twice a week in order to appease the masses. So, here's a try at that.

Friday the 13th is observed by many to be a day of bad luck. Though there is no exact origin or reason for seeing Friday the 13th as being necessarily bad, millions of people have superstitions about doing anything on Friday the 13th for fear of bad things happening. There are examples of bad things happening on Fridays throughout history, such as Eve giving Adam the famous apple on a Friday, that the Last Supper occured on a Friday, as well as the Crucifixion and the Great Flood.

According to Wikipedia, an estimated $800 to $900 million dollars is lost in business because people will not fly or do regular business on this day.

I have my own superstitions about Friday the 13th. I always meet guys on Friday the 13th. It may have something to do with me LOVING Friday the 13th, so of course I'm totally happy and carefree on this day, but no matter. I look forward to Friday the 13th.

So, here's to positive thinking, superstitions and anything else you'd like to have. Wish me luck. I'm off to Mexico for Margs.

No comments:

Post a Comment