5.18.2007

Hand Motions

Its been a long time since I've gone out on a Thursday, let alone gone out just to hang out with people I didn't know very well. It all started out so innocently... who knew it would bring back so many memories?

Kady and I went to the M's game, and since the attendance was so poor, and no one in our section was even talking let along cheering... we decided to get up and walk around. We stumbled upon an area where apparently you can get your picture taken w/ the Mariners Moose... but while the Moose is out the Kady/Katie's will play! So, we did a mini photo shoot in that area before joining Events and Adventures over there in the Center Field area.

Its not really Events and Adventures, but it may as well be. It was like walking into a mixer. Or a meatlocker. Promplty made up our 'bar names' for the night, and of course the first time I got to use mine I forgot and told him my real name. But, all I really cared about was the relief pitcher beyond the chain link fence about 50 yards away: of course you'd have to move Kady out of the way before you could get to him... I think she was even more interested.

After our run in with the meat market section of the M's game, I decided that I was ready to flirt. So I tried to find out if Bingo was happening so I could see if I could 'run into' Adam. And I did... and we all went KARAOKING!!!!

Adam picked out a song for me to sing which just happened to be a very popular song from my, and I'm sure every other girl's youth within the past few years. My old roommie Megan and I even made up hand gestures one day on a trip into Spokane. God I miss that girl. Good times.

There is a lot to be said in this story, but I just really wanted to relive the moment when I blew the crowd away with my amazing singing. Everyone may have been drinking...but I loved the attention I got anyway. That was enough of an ego boost for me for a day or so.

Now, I'll be singing along to the radio in my car on my way to Kirkland for the Wine BBQ at Shana's... I'm sure I'll have more to talk about later on. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment