7.25.2006

What, are you trying to prove something?



I've lived in Washington my entire life. I've visited other cities and even countries (HEY! Canada and Mexico TOTALLY count!) but I've never stepped foot on Mt. Rainier

This mountain has been nothing more than a beautifully framed picture from an office window, car window, poster, or photo from a friend's photo collection... until this last Sunday.

My friend Libby and I decided it was time for me to visit my local mountain. A place where people come to visit a national forest I've taken for granted for so long. It was amazing up there. You can see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens... its breathtaking.

Now, part of the fun of this was that there wasn't pressure for me to get to a certain point. We were shooting for Camp Muir at just above 10,000 feet which is pretty intense for a first time route, especially since people who are experienced usually attempt these things, but seriously the conditions were amazing, and if Libby had any doubts on the weather we would have had even MORE stuff in our packs than we already had. I mean, only accomplished people would bring rain gear just in case on a day it was 92 at sea level. :) I made it about halfway up the Muir snowfield. I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

We ran into someone Libby knew on the trail and his comment to us was "So, what's with the skirts, are you trying to prove something?" Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep cool. And I felt pretty smart having my WaterGirl skirt on with some hiking shoes and a tank... though my outfit on Sunday really showed me how much blue I own.

There are some hot men on that mountain. On our way down we ran into a couple, and Lib even managed to get a picture of them. I think we might be the only girls who are still checking guys out as they are sweating their way up a mountain...but honestly... what's more hot that that?

Anywho... check out Lib's blog for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment