1.26.2007

Birthday balloons and cheeseburgers

Tristan's birthday was yesterday, he turned 25, so everyone got together up at the cabinas to help him celebrate. The English made some concoction that I wasn't going near... vodka, rum, cicique, and pineapple, orange, and I think they ended up putting some white wine in it as well... but the 40's of Imperial... they weren't very nice to me this morning. But, the party was fun. There are about 12 people that live at the cabinas from TEFL, and each night there is a social gathering by the pool. Last nights included lots of 80's music, pink balloons, and a dora the explorer happy birthday banner.

After the beginning stages, the lot of us went to the Tico club to dance... but not before I tripped over a chair and split open my toe. Of course I would. So, minor surgery commenced thanks to Andrew's first aid kit, and we were off. This is when I found out that the English call band aids Plasters. whatever.

The Tico club was fun, and I was going home at a decent hour.... until I found out it was 2:30... so... we left right then, got helped in getting a pirated cab from my new friend Hunter (who was pretty cute but WAY too skinny). The cab driver was 19. I'm ten years older than he is, but because he was so nice and let us stop off for some food (the chicken on a stick that Tiff wanted wasn't at the club) and we bought him a cheeseburger.

Life here isn't too hard.

I start teaching for real on Monday. Its slightly intimidating.. but, I'll get through. I'm off to the beach to even out my tan. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment