1.28.2007

Rain

It rained on Friday. And I'm talking RAIN... not any of that Seattle stuff.. this is the real deal. Downpour of the torrential version. You don't really get much warning either, you feel two or three drops, and then the heavens open and if you're caught in it... well... you're going to take a little shower.

And I got caught in it, but luckily I thought I was going to the beach for the day and was wearing my swimsuit. :) I was on the bus when it started to rain, and the window a few seats ahead of me didn't have both parts of the window, so the rain was just coming in.... it was hilarious. The tropics. It just made me smile.

Saturday was to be spent at the beach again, and the clouds were out, but I know (thanks to many sunburns) that you still get sun even when its cloudy. So, I got up, got my beach gear, put on my sunscreen and headed to the beach. There were threats of rain... I think I felt a drop or two, but it cleared up after a bit, and was just gorgeous as usual. Amanda (21, Uof Florida) and I retired after a couple of hours to go get some food. We stopped in at the Marlin where a band was setting up to play.

A lot of the bands we've seen here are ex pats playing cover songs (lots of Audioslave, Stones, Jim Croche, and other poppy rock music) which isn't bad, but I rather like the tico songs. I've really gotten used to them and start to feel sort of jipped if I get the Stones or Jim again. So, anyway this group starts up and its like Latin pop music. So, I tell Amanda that it sounds like Jon Secada (which immediately dates me and I feel like an ass, but whatever) and when she asks me who that is I said "Its like the male latin version of Celine Dion." So, we joke around about how thank god its not another lame-o cover band with 8 different audioslaves songs when all of a sudden.... the Titanic song starts to be played by the latino pop band. Irony at its finest ladies and gentlemen... irony.

Don't worry we sang along. The sangria was fabulous at this place. :)

Sending you sunshine.

MK

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/29/2007

    Love that kind of weather,especially at the beach. Austin's not tropical but you know it gets a good storm and torrential rain.

    Actually had two fabulous sunny days ON THE WEEKEND! Thanks for sun. Send more. ;-)

    How 'bout that waxing moon.

    ReplyDelete