2.06.2007

Last week in Quepos

I've just finished with breakfast at Cafe Milagro. It was the best breakfast I've had since I've been here, and my appetite seems to be coming back. I haven't made it to too many breakfasts here though, most of the restaurants stop serving breakfast around 10, and since I get up and going around 9 I tend to miss out. I did go once to a soda in the market. My friend Sean goes there every morning to get laughed at by the women who work there. We have no idea why they do it, but my theory is that one of them thinks he is cute. This would also support my theory as to why they completely ignore me for 10 minutes before serving me. But, who cares. I only really want coffee anyway.

This last week of teaching/observing was not too bad. I really don't mind teaching, its the preparing for teaching that gets to me. But, even that is fun sometimes. You should see my drawings... stick figures galore. I'm sure the students get tired of having to see horrible art every month.

The students of TEFL are people from the community of Quepos/Manuel Antonio. They get classes two weeks a month every month. This is because they are only taught by the students of TEFL, and two weeks out of the month long course, we are in class all day. Imagine being taught a foreign language two weeks on two weeks off. I think its strange, but it presents an opportunity to do some one on one lessons... if I chose to stay here.

I went to Dominical last weekend. :) :) :) I heart Dominical. My plan now is to start really trying to surf and get as good as possible because the waves down there are really big. At least overhead if not overhead and 1/2. My boyfriend lives there. When I go back, I might actually talk to him. :) Matthew McConnaughe look alike, but better looking. More ruggedly handsome than girly. He's blonde, which is very unlike me, but I liked his tattoos. There were only three and very nicely balanced. Foot, shoulder, and lower back.

But seriously. Dominical is so laid back, people are really friendly, and its not super touristy. When I go back I'm going to travel around a bit more to look at the rest of the area, the road up to Lagunas and the area up there. My friend Kristen's cousin lives up there and is a real estate agent for the area, with a car, so that would be a great contact.

The beach in Dominical is very different from the beach here. Manuel Antonio is more like a bay with some rocks out far enough so that they break the swell up enough that it isn 't beating on you in the water. Great for people who want to just body surf, or play on baby waves. Dominical though... brutal. Seriously large waves with a lot of power. The surfers make it look so easy, even getting out past the crash zone looked easy.

This post is sort of crappy, and I apologize for that. My brain is a little all over the place, trying to get my last three teaching practices out of the way, get ready for Lori and Kady to get here, figure out where to go after this w/ Lori, and what I want to do after she leaves. I've heard a rumor that Im getting music when Lori gets here as well as a camera. I have mixed feelings about it. I will love to be able to have pictures of where I'm going because no amount of me explaining will do any of this place justice. I'll adore being able to veg out on the beach to tunes I've picked... my own soundtrack for my journey. Speaking of which.... could I get some Journey on the MP3 player..?

In 3 days I'll have been with the same group of 30 people for a month. It's been so much fun getting to know everyone, finding new friends, hearing stories about other people's lives, and accumulating new sayings. I think 1/2 of the class is going to Dominical next weekend to hang out for another week. I may not go back until after, but that depends on what Lori and I end up doing. We may be going to Panama, which could be something more exciting and different. But, I'll definetly have withdrawals from my new buddies. Especially my roomie Tiff. She's a kick in the pants.

I'll definetly be ready to get out of class though. I need to even out my tan. Yes, I'm tan, though not as tan as some. I've really learned how to accept what I look like here. My hair has lightened quite a bit, and its pretty curly, my freckles are all out (along with the lines that form around my lips as some sort of natural lip liner) and my arms are once again, darker than my legs. But, hopefully over the next month I can get that fixed.

I think about you all everyday, and hope to get in touch with you at least once while I'm here. If I call it will come up as unavailable or annonymous, so if its around 6 your time... it might be me.

Hope everything is going well. I'd love to hear from you even if its just a short message. There are a lot of people I've met that remind me of some of you from home, so if you feel your ears burning...might be from me.

Hugs and kisses, and tons of sunshine!
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment