2.09.2007

News from America and Schools Out for Summer

I was sitting at lunch at the Banco Bar yesterday eating my huge house salad for 2000 colones ($4), when this woman comes in announcing Anna Nicole Smith died. What.

So, today I handed in my portfolio ( I got a 93 on my grammar/phonology test) and I left promptly after to go get food, write a letter to a friend in Cali, and get the info for Kady, Michelle and Lori, all of whom arrive here today. WHOOOOOOPIE! Its my graduation party tonight! Lori gets to go to the dinner and meet all the cast of characters, all of whom I will finally get pictures of because Lori is the bearer of all gifts; backpack, camera, and a rumor of an mp3 player. SWEET!

I don't know where Lori and I will be travelling to after this, but don't fret if I don't write for a while. I have a journal, and I'd rather not miss out on the trip by searching for the internet. Not that i don't love you all.... I just really want to see everything.

I sort of feel like I've been at summer camp for the last month, as there has been all kinds of small ripples of drama - none of which I've been a part of thank GOD- but tonight is the last night we'll all be together. So, needless to say.... festivities will be great.

Thank to everyone who has been keeping in touch. I keep trying to get on instant messenger, but it doesn't always work, and then by the time it does, i've already been online for 1/2 an hour and I'm ready to leave.

Still haven't mastered surfing, in case you were wondering where the stories are about that. yeah yeah.... get in the water, I know! I will do it. I will I will I will. you all know how determined I am.

Off to the beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment