2.22.2007

Mal Pais

Samara is a lovely place. Nice quiet beach with some waves to surf on and lovely little homes.

After staying in luxury the night before, it was hard to go back to sharing a bathroom with 6 other people, so I took a cabina instead. Which I did love, but the other residents of the cabinas weren't my favorite. One guy -Gunner- from Germany talked my head off about George W and how awful Americans are which is the most fun conversation ever. Why people do that is beyond me. Every country has had there moments there Hitler... sorry.

The other couple staying there barely spoke to me which is really strange since everyone else on this trip has been amazingly friendly. But Posada Matilori is a brand new cabina that has been open since September. The owners, a husband and wife, are some of the nicest people. They speak both English and Spanish which helps with my Spanglish sometimes. The cabinas themselves were colorful and nice and clean. The first night I was there there was a windstorm. I thought I was going to die, but then remembered that instead of being in a tin can like the last windstorm, I was in a concrete building... but I still didn't sleep well. The next day, I started to feel sick, and so just laid around all day, and then that night couldn't breathe due to the fact that my head was plugged up.

I got up to go to San Jose the next morning at 7 (after sleeping a total of 3 hours in two days) and as soon as I got on the bus (with the couple that didn't talk to me, who coincidentally were going to the Nicoya Peninsula... that much I got out of them) I fell asleep, and drooled on my shoulder. Lovely pic I know, but it needed to be said. Because I slept through my connection at Barrancas which means I had to go all the way into San Jose and take a bus from there to Mal Pais.

But, thank god I got to San Jose, because I got some sudafed like stuff, which helped about 20%, and there was even a bus to Mal Pais in an hour.

On this bus I met Jimmy. Who is the most adorable person ever. And probably one of the best surfers I've seen that isn't in a movie. But he should be. He's from Australia and has been my little buddy here in Mal Pais for going on two days now. Even though I'm sick as a dog and got even more sick the first day here since the only place any of us could get was a hammock to sleep in overnight. And it was cold. Needless to say, I've had to catch up on some sleep, and try to make myself get better and still hang out and drink beers. -- Hey, I'm still a social butterfly when I'm sick and there is a cute Aussie in front of me to flirt with!

I plan on going surfing when I can breathe again. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment