7.25.2007

Dating 101?

For clarification on an earlier post; I am right back where I should be with dating. It makes no sense, men really don't make sense, and maybe I should have stuck to my 'giving up on men', who knows.

When I was younger (you know, in my 20's) I came up with these strange superstitions. I wouldn't date anyone with the same color eyes as mine (it wouldn't last), wouldn't write about that person in my journal (the next day things would go horribly awry), wouldn't date a guy who's pants were smaller than mine (which lets face it -- that's just cruel), wouldn't date someone who was younger than me (too immature)... the list was pretty long.

I threw all those out the window, and now I'm thinking maybe I was on to something. I've finally started dating people who are interested in me, but I revert to old habits. Like, when I'm excited about them, I don't hide it. I don't play "the game." I was never good at it anyway. I don't filter everything I say just in case some "we" slips out, or future tense of an action... god forbid. Does this freak them out? Not sure, but the old faithful response is... if they freak out now, what are they going to do when they really know you?

So, are these superstitions something I should keep? Should I play the game, and if I do, for how long? If I really do like someone do I pretend I don't? Someone puleeeeeeeease tell me the answer!

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend reading Ken Ivy's "Pimpology". It is a good book with lots of good relationship advice. One of the key bits is that there are only 2 kinds of people, pimps and hoes. You are either dominating the situation or being dominated. So, know it or not, you are already playing the game and by showing no concern for it, you are almost certain to lose at it. The book is about $15 and can be read in <3 hours. Do yourself a favor and take my advice, you will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete